By popular Demand (Laura!!!) this cookies are my family's favorite and at Christmas time do not usually see it passed a few days. I finally stole the recipe from my mom so here it is for all of you to enjoy:
Ingredients for Cookies:
1/2 C butter
1/4 C Brown Sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 C shifted Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 C chopped Pecans
1) Cream butter and brown sugar then add egg yolk and vanilla. When blended stir in flour and salt.
2) Whisk egg white in small bowl and set aside
3) Chop pecans, place in small bowl and set aside
4) Make small 1" balls of dough, coat in egg white and roll in chopped pecans
5) Bake 5 min at 375 degree oven, after 5 min remove and place thumb print in each ball.
6) Bake an additional 8 min.
Ingredients for Icing:
1/4 C Butter
2 C powdered Sugar
roughly 4 tbsp grenadine or maraschino cherry juice
Mix ingredients together until icing is thick. Place a dab in each thumb print when cookies have cooled.